Friday, September 06, 2013

September's Habit: Eat a Frog First Thing in the Morning


Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.”  ~Mark Twain


So that's what I'm going to do.  I'm not going to sit around staring at the frog, dreading eating it, wondering if I can put such an odious task off.  First thing in the morning, I'm going to buckle down and EAT THAT FROG!

Of course, I mean this in the Brian Tracy sense of the word.  Where 'frog' means my 'biggest, most important task of the day'.  The task I am most likely to put off and worry about all day= Frog.  Brian wrote a book called Eat That Frog: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time.  

After I am done journaling each morning, during which time I expect to identify my biggest and ugliest frog, I will promptly eat it.  I've decided that previously created habits will not fall into this category.  I.e, working out is not up as a contender for biggest frog.

So there you have it folks!

P.S.  By pressing the 'Publish' button, I will have eaten my frog today!  Woot.

1 comment:

  1. Miljoy10:38 PM

    Wise words from Mr. Twain and yourself. It gets especially tricky when a habit lapses and turns back into an amphibian. For me, that's exercise right now. Ugh. Good for you in being consistent with your previous habits! It has been really encouraging to me to see you make plans and reach your goals. Go Larissa!

    ReplyDelete