Friday, April 03, 2009

We Get Around

We had quite the adventure today.  You may notice that I am in most of the pictures that I will post on this trip.  Indeed my rule for this photo blog is that I must have either taken the photo or be in it.  As the only one of the group not to have brought my own camera, I am sure it seems like I have my own entourage of paparazzi.

We started the day with a walk along the River Ness.  This river flows through Inverness and into Loch Ness.  The river walk was quite pleasant, the winding paths and bridges took us from the river bank to some little islands, passing quaint houses all the while.


Next was a drive along Loch Ness, which is quite a drive indeed.  Loch Ness is very long.  We stopped and had a look at its pink rocky shores and at Urqhart Castle before finally breaking from the water to drive Northwest toward the Isle of Skye.

On the way, we found some peat in this grand setting.
Running towards the  peat fields 

Peat!!  Don't ask me why it was so exciting... 

We stopped whenever the urge hit us.  Which was quite often.  With landscape like this, can you blame us?




When we reached Eileen Donan Castle, we decided it was time to turn around as we had a lengthy trip back to the castle we call home.

Eileen Donan Castle
 As we were driving through Invermoristen, I glanced out the window to see this scene whizz by.



 I yelled at the driver (poor driver) to stop and back up.  He did and we spent the next hour romping around the woods and scrambling over the rocks of the river.  It was a long day but very fulfilling.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome awesome awesome. Your husband is a GOOD photographer!!! And has such a beautiful wife to take pictures of. :)

    ReplyDelete