Tuesday, August 06, 2013

August's Habit: 15 Minutes Outside

Southwestern Michigan is a beautiful place.  There is Lake Michigan, rivers, streams, other lakes, fruit orchards, old growth forests, sand dunes, ponds, meadows, nature reserves, etc.  Summer is a hot commodity around here.  I always intend to enjoy it to it's fullest.  So it is frustrating when I look back on a day and realize I haven't been outside at all.  It is almost sacrilegious.  Especially because my house is surrounded by almost 4 acres of green land and a very nice lake.  So I am going to make an effort this month to make sure that I get outside for 15 minutes every day.  Preferably with the girls but I'm not going to hold myself to that!

Sunset over Lake Michigan (photo taken from The Great Waters Facebook page)

No comments:

Post a Comment