Sunday, December 04, 2005

Snowing and sliding

It is snowing here in [town I live]. I like snow sometimes but mostly I am just scared of what snow means. No, I am not scared that snow means that water vapor is crystalizing. I am scared that snow means slippery roads and slippery roads mean death, destruction, misery, and chaos. Whenever anyone is late for something nowadays, you can't just automatically get annoyed. The first thought that comes to your mind is that they got in a car accident.

I went two doors down from Jason's house for my [second] bridal shower. It has a steep driveway and I couldn't make it up. It was quite disconcerting to turn the steering wheel and not have the tires follow. What was even more disconcerting was the way the car just stopped halfway up the hill even though I hadn't changed the pressure on the gas pedal. I backed up and tried again to no avail. Then my friends dad came down and towed me up the driveway. which I am eternally grateful for but it does seem kind of silly to be towed by a car that is not that much bigger than mine. The weird thing is that I went up the hill no problem when I was being towed by the other little car. Humph. Well at least one other person had to be towed up too. I just loved the way that I walked in the door and people said, "Really? Well, my car made it up just fine."

yeah yeah

4 comments:

  1. Yo Yo! Where are you?! and what are you doing? I am just looking ar your blog now.. through a link of a link.

    Hope all is well.

    Ash Gulke

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be a really bad driver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:28 PM

    I'm with you - snow is really scary to me. When I am driving in snow I am usually sweating and shivering at the same time. When I get where I am going I am exhausted. Once I drove from Pville to N. Tahoe in deep snow and then back in one night and I was an absolute wreck. I love to visit snow, when it is about 34 degrees and the roads are clear... I like to ski in a T-shirt.

    Mahi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:57 PM

    well geez. i mean the icy driveway certainly was annoying but i figured there would be some nice things to say about the evening to. :)

    ReplyDelete