Saturday, November 01, 2008

Long Day!

Today was a long day but we had a lot of fun and were very productive! I wanted to drive north up the coast so that is what we did. Marblehead, MA is an exquisitely cute sea town. Here is my favorite of the coves we passed.


I want to live in that house.


We stopped in Beverly, MA for my haircut appointment at the Aveda Salon. My hairdresser was named Lauren and she was excellent! She gave me exactly what I wanted without me having to explain too much and she gave me a great cut that was 'me', not her 'signature' on my head.

Anyway, as we were waiting for my appointment time, we ate at a vegan organic restaurant. This was the special of the day, Pumpkin ravioli.


The ravioli is not actually pasta as you might have noticed but turnip shavings. It was excellent! The owner came over and chitchatted with us. Then brought us over some RAW chocolate with gogi berries in it to sample. Since he was so nice I bought another piece.


It was pretty good though! I was surprised. I thought that the consistency would suffer but it was excellent.

After my haircut, we realized we weren't very far from New Hampshire so we decided to keep going. I had never been to New Hampshire so I was very excited.



After about 20 minutes we came to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. That is when I realized that we were only a couple minutes from Maine! Well, I had never been to Maine either!



After our sightseeing across the Maine border, we hit up Portsmouth

where I got some pumpkin pie ice cream even though it was quite cold.


That is one thing I really like about hanging out with Ginger, she does stuff like eat ice cream when it is almost snowing out, just like me! After that, we walked the streets trying to decide where to eat. Apparently there are something like 200 restaurants in Portsmouth and believe me, it is not a big city. Anyway, we finally decided on "Loaf and Ladle" which turned out to be a soup place that also makes its own bread.


It was amazing!

It was time to head home and I prepared myself for the long drive. To my surprise, it only took and hour and a half! It takes me longer just to drive to San Diego!

On the way back, we stopped for some gas. I was pleasantly surprised at the gas prices. In Boston, the gas was $2.70 for the lowest grade!


Later on the drive I even saw some gas for $2.03.

Ahhhhh. What a satisfying day. Good food, good sights, and good gas prices. What could be better?

4 comments:

  1. wow! i really like if some some day i can see something like that.. new hampshire! wow ur probably are th happiest person now.. well i guess ill take a llok at ur blog now..hope u dont mind n_n! sorry if my inglish isnt good enough im from mexico and ill really like we can be amm blogger friends?? in that case u can help me with mi inglish andall that.. see u! n_n

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing missing from this fantastic post (and all the pumpkin delicacies) is a picture of your new haircut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute in your boots and red jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:37 PM

    What an interesting area! But, of course, now that it is snowing a lot in all places north, it might not be quite as enjoyable. And those vegan ravioli - WOW. I cannot imagine how to invent a recipe for that - can you? I am so glad that you and Ginger had such a good time together. And as for the pumpkin ice cream in the cold weather - G-Pa and I have been eating ice cream with the Pumpkin Pie squares that I made. I will have to send you the recipe soon. They are delicious!! And we are having some cold days now. Winter is actually here, also - but no snow yet.

    ReplyDelete