Friday, March 06, 2009

Ciao Antoinetta!

Today I was sitting at school when in walked my Italian teacher from Italy! I hadn't seen her since I left almost 6 years ago (has it really been that long?). She is interested in getting a group from Italy to come take ESL classes in my department. Isn't that exciting? Here we are in my office.

It turns out that I worked with several other people who studied at the same school as me but different years. Here is a picture of Odette Ferrera, the Director of Adventist Colleges Abroad; Dr. Norma Alban, my Spanish teacher; me, the Director of English as a Second Language here; Raquel, who studied at Villa Aurora and is now that school registrar; Jankel, who studied at Villa Aurora and is one our school bigwigs; and Antoinetta, Director of Italian as a Second Language at Villa Aurora in Florence Italy.


What a small world huh?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you got to see Antonietta!

    Oh, and hey, do you remember Lidia? She spoke English well, and I think she would sing in church sometimes? Anyway, I ran into her last week getting gelato in Walla Walla! Craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! You saw Lidia? What was she doing in Walla Walla? I thought her husband was from Iowa. Not that that would bar her from being in WW but crazy!

    I also just saw Milena! It is the perk of living in such a highly populated Adventist ghetto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where he's from originally, but they live in Walla Walla now! I think we're going to get together again and speak more Italian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for all of you special people to be able to get together!! Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete