Thursday, April 18, 2013

5 Years Later....

As many of you know, I started taking one picture every day starting on my 25th birthday.  I cataloged those pictures by posting them on this blog.  You may also have noticed that just yesterday, I finished up my goal by posting the last picture.  I had taken the pictures on time, I just hadn't posted them until yesterday....5 years late.  So.  At the time, I had thought that I would repeat this little experience every 5 years.  But blogging a picture every day for 365 days when I was childless but working full-time was difficult enough for me.  I'm not sure that it would be a good idea to commit to that again seeing as I now have two children.

But this is my 30th birthday!  I want to do big things this year!  And I don't want to look back 5 years from now and wish that I done something interesting this year.  So I came up with an idea.  Habits!  They say that it only takes 21 days to form a new habit.  I decided that each month this year, I will work on forming a new habit in my life.  That means that I really only need to post on here a minimum of 12 times this year.  I'm pretty sure I can handle that.  Hopefully I will write more often than that but just knowing that I don't HAVE to write more often should take a lot of pressure off.

Thank you for joining me for this year of transformation!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you are doing this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, interesting idea. My 30th is tomorrow and all I was thinking about was celebrating the day. Never occurred to me to celebrate the YEAR. I will have to consider...quickly. Lol! Happy 30th, Larissa!

    ReplyDelete