Monday, April 22, 2013

April's Habit- Working Out

A few months after having my first child I looked in the mirror and, to my surprise, saw a middle-aged body connected to my head.

"Well, yes." said my mom when I complained to her. "How did you think middle-aged women got those bodies?"

I don't know what I thought.  Too much chocolate?  Laziness?  Bad genes?  Bad jeans? Well, turns out it is growing a baby for nine months, then pushing it will-nilly out of your body, and then being so sleep-deprived and busy that you just let the baby weight sit there.  And bad jeans.

A middle-age body at 28 was NOT an option for me!  So I began to scour the internet for the best solution.  I found Holly Rigsby and her Fit Yummy Mummy weight loss program.  After almost being scared away by her very spam-like website, I bit the bullet and bought her ebook.  I'm so glad I did..

Her program is only 15 minutes per day for six days a week.  You can do her workouts at home with minimal equipment.  I lost 25 lbs which brought me below my pre-pregnancy weight.  My muscles became more toned than they ever have been.  In short, my middle aged body was a thing of the past! Then I became pregnant again.

Just before starting to work out
At my daughter's 1st birthday.   1 month pregnant!

My second daughter is now about 12 weeks old.  I started up my Yummy Mummy training at the beginning of this month and therefore have decided that this month's habit will be to exercise.

I started a group on Facebook so that I have a support system this time.  I find that I do much better with accountability partners.  I'm doing strength training 3 days per week and intervals 3 days per week.  My first 16 week program will be completed in July.  We will see if I need to do another round or just maintain.  I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. You look AMAZING, as usual! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miljoy7:14 PM

    I'm so glad you're blogging again. Way to be committed, and to know and follow through with what works for you! (Oh, and you have to update your age on your profile now. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:36 PM

    Good for you!!! It WILL come off with some effort. If spring ever gets there, just working in the garden will amazingly tone, like magic. I think spring has finally arrived here yesterday!! And I have done a little work outside. The pollen count does not seem to be so high now, hopefully. That helps me a lot.

    And that food spread is amazing!! I know you had posted it before, but I still stand awed! You could do a really good food program, because you are also talented in making presentations!! But right now, it is good that you are able to take care of your family with delicious, healthy, and also beautiful food items. They will benefit all their lives because of the foundation that you are laying for them!!

    ReplyDelete