Saturday, December 20, 2008

King's Canyon National Park!

Jason, Jesse, Louisa and I decided to go on a little trip this weekend to celebrate Jason's completion of his surgery rotation and just to get away. We rented a cabin right outside King's Canyon National Park. We got a special deal because of the economy apparently. :] As you can see, the view from the house is amazing!! Jason took some great shots this morning as the sun was coming up.




Then it was off the park. We climbed through a log,


and hiked toward the National Christmas tree, General Grant. As you can see, it doesn't really look very Christmas tree like, it is just big and famous. Here is Jason and I standing on a fence to seem big like the tree.


Here is Jason accidentally pushing me off the fence.


While I was on the fence by myself, I was pelted by a snowball to try to get me to fall off.


That wasn't very nice.... :] It wasn't snowing but we threw some snow in the air so that it felt like it was snowing.



After that, we took the dogs running in the snow. It was pretty difficult for their short legs but they managed alright.



We sledded and drove around and then headed home where Louisa fixed us some Indian food and we played games until we felt like going to bed. What a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun! You live life to its fullest and I admire you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent pix; 'looks like a very fun time!

    ReplyDelete