Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

We wanted to do something special for our 3rd anniversary but kind of procrastinated. I decided to call "The Melting Pot", a really good fondue restaurant to see if they had any availability. They had a special menu, for $65. I figured $65 for an anniversary dinner for two was a pretty good deal so I made the reservation.

Everything was beautiful!


We had a very private little booth and a set menu so we didn't even have to fight over what we would order. The first course was cheese fondue with vegetables, bread, and chips to dip in it.


The second course was our main course in which we boiled some vegetables and ravioli.


We downed our complimentary sparkling apple cider and sat back to enjoy each other's company. Our final course was chocolate fondue with beautiful fruit to dip in to it.


Here we are smiling just to be close to each other!


What a stress-free meal we had! Then we got the bill. That is when we realized that the $65 was per person. When I had been to the restaurant before, the price had been per two people. That dampened our spirits to say the least. I told Jason it would make a good story. So we try to tell it to everyone to get our money's worth.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, BIG whoops! Sorry about that! I would be upset...glad you enjoyed it regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:20 AM

    What a great attitude to have! It does make for a very good story and the pictures make me want to spend 130 of my precious dollars...
    Mahi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit behind on my blog reading...sadly. Anyway, I just read this and it made me laugh SO hard, because it very much sounds like something I would do.

    At least you got an experience AND a good story out of it. In addition to the delicious food, of course.

    I still haven't tried the Melting Pot, but think about it every time I'm in Boise.

    ReplyDelete