Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Leahy Concert for us!



Jason's dad called us from his cell phone during intermission and told us we had to get over to the concert hall because these people were amazing. So Jason and I, deciding to be spontaneous (more likely just avoiding homework), hopped in the car and went. Luckily his dad had extra tickets.

And they were amazing. They are from Canada but I thought at first they were from Ireland because of the type of music they play and because they almost sounded like they had an Irish accent.

They are a group of brothers and sisters. There are 8 of them! But those are only the ones who play in the group. They have 3 other siblings besides. Anyway, they all play the fiddle like you wouldn't believe and the curly haired girl played incredible piano! For their encore, they kept switching their different instruments back and forth and they could all play them a million miles per hour. THEN, they broke out into sycronized step-dancing while still playing their instruments! They all knew how to step dance like crazy and their music was perfect for it.

It was weird. I was sitting in the concert hall watching them and I "took a step back" and looked at myself sitting there. I was sitting in a plush chair, hands folded in my lap, a somber quasi frown on my face with no toe tapping or anything. But I realized that if I was in my own house listening to a CD of these people at that same moment, I would be dancing and jumping my head off! But really, their music does make one happy and I reccomend it to everyone! I think I will even have to buy their CD, and I don't ever do crazy stuff like that.

2 comments:

  1. So, what are they called?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in the title. Leahy. I guess that wasn't clear. I sampled some of their CD's online but they aren't as good as in concert. I guess that is usually true! :]

    ReplyDelete