Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Oprah's Favorite Things & America's Next Top Model

Well, I sat in front of the TV for a couple hours today. I watched two back to back episodes of Americas Next Top Model and then an episode of Oprah. Yes that is three hours of television, yes I feel silly admitting it.

All of the girls on Top Model are gorgeous. There is one girl though that I am absolutely surprised everytime I see her posing. In everyday life, she is an average girl with long wavy brown hair and freckles. When they do her up in make-up however, she is crazy beautiful supermodel! She doesn't even look like the same girl to me. This is her before make-up:
















and this is after!

















It is weird what watching this show does to an average, sane girl. I found myself making "magnum" faces while I was sitting on the couch watching. And I am sure that when I got up, I walked to a beat that only I could hear and swung my hips with extra gusto.

Then Oprah was on. She had a whole bunch of people who helped out with the Hurricane Katrina disaster come on the show as audience members. Then she gave them all each of her favorite things. Now these aren't just everyday favorite things like comfy socks, these were things like the new iPod, a watch with 50 diamonds on it, Ugg boots, cashmere seaters, burberry jackets, etc. Here is the link if you care to look at the full list along with the pictures of everything. http://www.oprah.com/presents/2005/holiday/gifts/gifts_oft.jhtml I don't know why you would want to look. But hey, I would. Maybe you guys aren't as big of dorks as I am. Well anyway, its up to you.

1 comment: