Monday, September 01, 2008

A Day at the Beach

Some of Jason's classmates/friends wanted to go the the beach today.  So we headed to San Clemente beach with our boogie boards and books.  I mostly read all day under the shade of an umbrella.  I finished up Eat, Pray, Love and will be writing a review for you soon.  I had a really nice and relaxing time.  


I think that laying under an umbrella is my new thing!  It is great for reading because you don't have to squint all the time.  Plus, you don't bake so much.  I also went boogie boarding for awhile.  The waves were great but I didn't go out into the big waves, I just rode the wash because last time I was at San Clemente I got tossed by several huge waves and water intermittently poured out of my nose for the rest of the day.  

Anyway, after that we went to Venice beach.  We finally went into the freak show.  They had a lot of two headed animals but they were mostly all dead which was disappointing. They had a five legged dog and a couple cyclops pigs.  For the most part, I would usually shy away from even the idea of a freak show.  But my resistance has been slowly worn down over many visits to venice beach where the proprietor always stands out in the crowd with a sample weird animal and honestly just seems like a nice guy.  Speaking of weird animals, have you even heard of Mike the headless chicken?  I just ran across an article about him the other day.  Turns out that there was a chicken that had his head chopped off for dinner and proceeded 
to run around like a chicken with its head cut off...... for 18 months.  If you want to learn more about this strange but true story you can look here.   (don't forget to look at the photos!)

Then we went off to have dinner at a great place that we had visited with Danelle about a year ago.  Pitfire Pizza Co is a great restaurant in Westwood.  You can get a special where you pick 3 pizzas, 1 pasta, 1 salad, and 1 dessert for $65.  These are all high quality items as well.  We got that special and split it between the 5 of us.  You should have seen the size of the pasta.  Each person had a healthy serving and we still took home enough leftovers for lunch the next day.  Here we are waiting for our food. 

 
A nice lady offered to take a picture of us.  Actually, speaking of nice ladies, I was trying to change in the corner of the bathroom at the beach while holding a towel to cover myself (good thing too because the cleaning guy decided to stick his head in the door without warning) when a nice older lady offered to hold the towel up for me.  That made things much easier.  AND, she was the second person who offered!  I enjoy how nice people are around here.

By the way, I realize that we are wearing the same shirts as in our picture yesterday. But rest assured that we only wore them for two hours last night so I hardly think we are gross people.  :]    

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:33 AM

    HEY! NOT FAIR!!! How did you get the sun to shine at this beach??? You never do that when I am with you. I want a refund!

    Mahi

    ReplyDelete