Monday, June 23, 2008

On Sand and Surf

Today we had a great family outing.  We went to Saugatuck which is a town on the central western coast of Michigan.  First took a sand dune ride.  It was pretty fun!  We sat in this 15 passenger truck thing and screamed around the sand dunes.  I was surprised we didn't slide out of control or anything.  We stopped a couple of times to look at the view and to run down a really steep part.  Here I am about to run down.  You can tell it is going to be pretty intense by the mom and baby going right before me.  


After our sand dune journey, we got lunch at a nearby farm.  They had great homemade apple doughnuts!  Then we rented a pontoon boat and cruised around on some nearby water.  Excuse me for not knowing what the water was called.  I was too busy having fun.  :]  Here I am after I stole Lily from her mommy, Danelle.  


She actually isn't asleep in the picture.  I guess she just is soaking in the comfort that life jackets can bring.  We ended the day with cones from Dairy Queen.  An absolutely perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment