Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Strawberry Picking

The first time I ever mentioned going to a U-pick to Jason, he said, "Naw, if they want our business, they should pick the fruit for us!"  I calmly and reasonably explained that I actually enjoy it and I wanted to pick even if it was the same price as pre-picked.  He looked at me in astonishment and I wondered if we were even meant to be...

4 years later, picture Jason, calf high in a strawberry field frolicking and sighing with pleasure at the sight of such abundant red berries.  Yes, we went strawberry picking today.  I don't think I have ever gotten to U-pick strawberries before but it was nice.    I think it was only $1/lb.  But I don't remember because I didn't really care about the price.  I think I paid $3 for all these strawberries!  I am very happy as you can see!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:25 PM

    Yes, you have gotten to U-pick strawberries before. That is what we were doing the day we had that huge rotten tomato fight in the garden. I think you were about 3 at the time. We used to pick at that field every year, from the time you were an infant, whenever we lived in the Portland area. Best strawberries in the world!
    Mahi

    ReplyDelete