Tuesday, October 11, 2005

More picky about bridesmaid dresses than my own?

I really don't know how it is possible that I could be more picky about my bridesmaid dresses than I was about my own wedding dress. I found my wedding dress the 3rd day I went looking. And I thought that was bad!!! I have been looking for bridesmaid dresses for about, oh, 15. That is just counting the days that I have actually sat down and looked hard on the internet or gone to an actual bridal store to try some on.

I am in fact so picky that the two bridesmaids that I had around to shop with have now told me they won't go shopping with me anymore. So now, I am shuttleing Jason along with me until he gets bored (won't be long, might have already happened). Today I even had my mom drive to a bridal shop on her side of the country to sift through their shelves. I had her call me on the phone and tell me what the dresses looked like hoping that maybe, just maybe I would find the elusive dress that wasn't on the internet (I have looked at all of those, trust me) or at other bridal salons I have visited.

All the dresses just look the same to me!! They either look like this:






OR like this
-->










Can't tell the difference? Yeah, me niether.

They are either too plain, too hip ripple displaying, too strapless, too expensive, too fire engine red, too sparkely, or too cleavage revealing.

What is a bride to do I ask you? Anybody have any suggestions besides "stop being so picky?"



4 comments:

  1. My sister Laura had all of her bridesmaids just wear a black dress that they already had.

    Personally, I think you should have all the brides mades wear something conservative...yet sexy. You know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in a wedding on Sunday, and to be honest as a bridesmaid it's nice to be told what you're going to wear and just do it. Don't include your bridesmaids TOO much in your decision or no one will agree and it will be a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty much just make the dresses a suprise until the week before. Then spring it on them. That way it's too late to get new ones, and soon enough to make size corrections. Plus they're only wearing them for one day, so if they complain, just start to cry and they will submit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:45 PM

    I went to the fabric store, picked out a pattern I liked, then found fabric in my colors and material that I liked...

    My mom was the expert seamstress, so she did all the sewing, and it was cheaper for the bridesmaids than buying a crazy dress.

    ReplyDelete