Friday, May 09, 2008

Beach Vespers

Tonight, my school had beach vespers at Corona Del Mar beach.  We played beach volleyball for along time until I injured myself like an old biddy.  I am fine, I just jarred my neck.  Anyway, we enjoyed 'smores and hot dogs.  After we ate, we got together in groups to create some charades.  Our group had Gideon.  We were discussing how to effectively show the conversation between the angel and Gideon without the use of words when crowds of people started running toward the water.  As they passed I heard snatches of excited exclamations "Seal!"  I grabbed my camera and followed them all.  I got there just in time to see Rebeca, a student from Peru, walking toward the seal with her hand outstretched.  Now, if the seal had been healthy, she would probably be missing a finger or two now and I wouldn't have caught this great picture.  


Someone called some animal rescue place but I think the seal took off before they got there....because I don't think anyone actually ever came.  But the seal actually stuck around until everyone got bored and went back to charades.  I hope it is ok...
 

2 comments:

  1. Yikes. Seals are definitely not for touching! I knew a girl who was bitten by one. The series of rabies shots alone should be enough to scare anyone off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:25 PM

    Ohhhhhhhhhh, what a cute seal! Looks like a very sad little face though. He looks just like Pierre when I am leaving in the morning and he knows it's going to be another long day. Mahi

    ReplyDelete