Saturday, May 31, 2008

Final Projects and Graduation!

Today my Clarity in English class (ESL) finished their final 10,000 word projects. They have been working on them all semester. We ate Chop Chey ( I am sure that is not the right spelling) and ginger spice cookies and celebrated their accomplishments. Each student chose a different topic to write their project on. The projects were Alzheimer's, Alan Greenspan, Greek Mythology, and How to become a flight attendant. I will miss them.


Tonight California Preparatory College had our first ever graduation!! It has been a long process from sitting around white Costco folding tables talking about how to start a college to having a graduation! We had two lovely graduates who completed their Associates degree. One was Vanity, who was a wonderful student in my undergraduate speech class.


I can tell she has a bright future ahead of her. She is transferring to La Sierra for their combined Master's in business program. It is nice to see the fruit of your labor in such a tangible way. I am very happy to be a part of this important endeavor.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I am so proud of you Larissa. What an incredible job! I'm still jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:28 PM

    Wow! I am proud of you too! My buttons are popping off all over the place! YOU ROCK! Good job - they are lucky to have you on their team!
    Mahi

    ReplyDelete