Friday, July 25, 2008

Dissecting a Golf Ball

Mosey is a chewing machine.  Today, I was resting on the couch and Mosey was chewing on a golf ball.  Suddenly I heard this crackling, exploding, snapping noise.  Mosey ran behind the couch with his tail between his legs, and I jumped off the couch in a daze wondering what heck was going on.  The golf ball's center had come out and was flipping all over the floor by itself spewing green smoke...... or something.  When I got a closer look, I realized it was not green smoke but strips of green rubber.  The inside of the ball is made of tightly wound green rubber that is wound under pressure so that when it is chomped on by unsuspecting doggies, an almost explosion occurs.  


After Mosey and I got over our shock, we spent the next 10 minutes trying to get the ball to dance again.  It did several times but alas, we finally got tot the end of the rubber.  Here is the master chewer Mosey and his creation.  

4 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS. Love the picture with him in the background saying 'it wasn't me!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:19 AM

    What fun! I may just have to try that myself! Mahi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing, was searching for a pic of a golf-ball insides - many these days have a solid rubber inside as I just found out. I wanted to show the elastic inside them, but the ones I have cut open today have just boring rubber. Can I use your first pic on this page please, pretty please.
    I love your posts +1 keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Conrad! Sure you can use the picture. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete