Thursday, July 31, 2008

Goodbye!

So today, after a year and a half, I said goodbye to one of my jobs.  I worked at California Baptist University as a part- time international recruiter.   Here is the building I worked in.

  
The whole campus is beautiful and mission style.  Here is my office.  


I never really settled into it.  It too is a 'working office'.  Here is my desk looking pretty clean if I do say so myself. 

 
I didn't really get much of a send off though...  Half of my department left before I had a chance to make my goodbye rounds.  Then my boss 'forgot' that it was my last day.  The ESL director was really nice though.  She remembered and expressed regret that they hadn't planned a farewell anything.  As I told my mom, I feel good, bad, AND indifferent about this farewell.  Good, because I have the time that I desperately need to devote to my ESL directorship.  Bad, because I like CBU and all the people there.  Indifferent, because it wasn't the career path that I want to pursue long-term.  Well, anyway.  Farewell.....

2 comments:

  1. You blow me away how, right out of college, with a bachelors degree, you just STEP INTO these jobs.

    It must be something you eat. I don't know. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, I second that. Glad you've found a career path you do want to pursue and you're doing such a good job at it. :)

    ReplyDelete