Monday, July 21, 2008

Flash Flood!

Today we woke up to an overcast sky with a promise of rain. All us girls sat around on our inflatable mattresses and talked while I scarfed down homemade caramel corn from the night before. I ate WAY too much and before I knew it, my tongue and one side of my mouth was totally raw. I have no discipline.....

We got up and took a picture of all of us on the couch before they loaded it into the moving van.

Then we sat down to an amazing breakfast. It included fruit, homemade oatmeal, pudding pie (leftover from last night), and homemade cinnamon rolls. WOW! I didn't think I would be able to get to the cinnamon rolls. But luckily I was able to eat a whole one. Every time I thought about food for about 3 hours after that breakfast, I gagged because I was so full!

As we were driving into town, Ceri suddenly slammed on her brakes and gasped. Because of the 15 minutes of rain earlier, there we were crossing a flash flood! Ok, so maybe that is a little dramatic,but there was a lot of black inky water swiftly crossing the road out of nowhere. I managed to get a picture as we were driving out of it.


For the rest of the day, we were able to point out the cars that had taken that road because they were covered in black mud.

I have never really thought of Palm Springs as beautiful but something about this scene struck me as beautiful.


I think it is the clear mountains. So pretty!

When I got back to the house today, Jason and I went on a date night to Thai food and a movie. We saw "Wanted". It was amazing! However, it was very violent and bloody. There were definitely some parts where I had to cover my eyes. It was a style Jason and I would usually NOT appreciate so don't say I didn't warn you. But it definitely kept you guessing and the acting was amazing. When I saw the previews, I thought that James McAvoy was very inappropriately cast in this flick but after seeing this movie, I realize it would have been really forgettable without him in it. He was excellent. He made the movie. Angelina was very good too.

Anyway, a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. It's a bit reminiscent of our valley -- you have windmills too, I see!

    ReplyDelete