Thursday, July 03, 2008

A Rafting Trip in NorCal

This weekend, some students from Jason's medical class and I are headed up to Coloma to do some whitewater rafting.  We are really excited to get to go up north.  I spent a lot of my growing up years very near Coloma.  It has been about 5 years since I have really been back.  Strange to think about that.  I would be more excited if Jason and I could go around and I could show him my old houses and schools and whatnot but we are carpooling so alas, not this time.  Here is Jason getting my sweater on one of our carpooling stops to stretch.  What a gentleman!


We are rafting with a company called Mariah Wilderness Expeditions.  We are doing a 2 day rafting trip on the American River.  This first day we will be doing the lower part  of the South Fork and the second day we will be doing the upper part.  There should be some good class 3 rapids so we are excited.  There first time I had ever been rafting was on the lower part of this river so it will be interesting to see if I remember anything.  I will let you know how everything goes!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:54 PM

    So did you recognize anything from your previou trip?
    Mahi

    ReplyDelete