Saturday, August 30, 2008

Another Audition

Today I went to another audition.  This one was in Los Angeles though in the middle of the day.  I had to get a sub for my class. I wouldn't usually miss work for an audition, but this one was for the host of a budget travel show.  
They called me into a room first where I recited some lines that they had me memorize.  That didn't go very well, I will be honest.  The lines sounded great in the car!  :]  But when I said them in the room, I was all shaky and fumbly.  They let me do it again but I did worse!  It was pretty discouraging...  Then they had me improv a conversation with a simulated tour guide.  That one I did pretty well at and they said that was exactly what they were looking for.  Not that that means anything really, but at least I had a chance to quasi redeem myself so I wouldn't feel bad for the rest of the day.  Anyway, here I am waiting for elevator after finishing the audition.  


You can see they had a pretty nice view out their windows.  They were on the 11th floor.  

1 comment:

  1. Kudos for having the courage to go and do it.

    Whether or not you get the part, you did it. Sounds daffodilly too!

    ReplyDelete