Friday, August 08, 2008

Enchilizzas and Friends

I have known Crystal since the 7th grade.  Her name conjures up summer for me.  Humidity, fireflies, warm Texas nights, and Brahm's ice cream.  Almost all of my summers were spent at my grandparents house in Texas until I was a junior in high school.  It is amazing how quickly friendships can form when one is young.  My friendship with her, as well as Ginger, Alyssa, and Stephanie, was cultivated during a month long visit to Texas.  After that, I never visited for longer than that.  Even though they hadn't seen me for a year, each summer they treated me like I had been gone for a day.  Everyone needs friends like that.  

Tonight, Crystal and her husband Ivan , who is here for dental school, came over for dinner.  Jason made his famous enchilizzas.  Which are basically pizzas made with enchilada sauce and other goodies.  Yum!  After that we had fresh peach pie (such a good one!) and great conversation.  I hope to have many more 'dinner parties' like this one.  


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I was totally mispronouncing enchilizzas in my head. I thought it rhymed with... enchil-frizz-as.

    My family does taco pizzas, with refried beans and salsa and cheese, topped later with lettuce, sour cream, etc. Also pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:15 AM

    Yes, and please invite your Mahi because she hasn't had Enchilizza for a LONG time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:15 AM

    Yes, and please invite your Mahi because she hasn't had Enchilizza for a LONG time!

    ReplyDelete