Saturday, August 23, 2008

Antwone Fisher

My mother just finished up her Master's in marriage and family therapy and is about to start her doctorate program.  This summer, decided to put on a rally for the foster children of Riverside county.  It was a huge undertaking and she worked really hard and it turned out great.  Anyway, she asked me if I would volunteer to be the photographer for the weekend.  It was really just because Jason wasn't available but hey, whatever.  It went pretty well as far as photography goes except for a couple of the kids thought that they would choose me to pick on me (some things never change) and copped an attitude every time I would put the camera up to my eye.  Most of the kids were really nice to me and excited that they would be getting pictures of the weekend.  There are always a few in every crowd that have to make a scene though.  

The speaker at the rally tonight was none other than Antwone Fisher.  If you haven't seen the movie by that name yet, I encourage you to do so.  He was a very good, down-to-earth speaker.  Here is a picture of him speaking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment