Sunday, August 03, 2008

Oceanside

My mom went down to Oceanside to run in a 5k today.  Jason and I didn't want to get up at 5am to go so we took the train down and met her after she finished.  It was a very beautiful train ride!  I really loved it.  It follows the beach for about 30 minutes.  Basically, we ate.  Then we drove around and couldn't think of anything to do so we went to San Juan Capistrano and looked at a fountain shop.  Here are my favorite ones.  


After we got home, we met up with Jesse and Louisa and ate at Ranu which has some great Thai food.  Then we went home and played Rook.  I am usually not that great at Rook.  I usually have to re-learn it every time we play.  This time however, I must say I was pretty lucky  First of all, I usually got dealt good hands.  Then, they gave me my bids really low.  In the end, I won every round.  I got to 500 points in 3 rounds.  I won the second game too.  I even won the hands that I didn't bid on.  I was definitely on fire.  :]  Just had to share my success story for posterity's sake.  

3 comments:

  1. How fun!! I actually know Louisa from Walla Walla. One of the sweetest people ever.

    Anyway, I played rook last night as well with some great neighbors we met.

    It was super fun. We should totally get together and play someday when we are back in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how you talk about your mom participating in crazy feats of athleticism and then you and Jason EATING. I love it! :) You're blessed with amazing metabolism!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:12 AM

    Couldn't think of anything to do? I wanted to go to the beach with my new boogie board :( No sun at the beach. Second time I've gone lately and found NO SUN! What is going on here? Global clouding? I better report this to Al Gore! And you forgot to mention that we didn't just eat! We ate AT THE MOST FABULOUS RESTAURANT EVER! The Yellow Coyote Tortilla Factory. Or maybe it was a yellow fox, I don't remember, but it was GREAT! I am going back - and they allow dogs in the outside eating area there. But Pierre got attacked by a big dog. Poor little guy...
    Mahi

    ReplyDelete